Monday, June 1, 2009

One Down....

And 23 to go! We just finished our "official" first week of training! It's funny because I really didn't walk anymore than I have been (since this week was 12 miles...4 3 mile walks), but it felt so official! It was so fun knowing I was walking with a purpose. I walked one day with my mom, one with Dave and 2 by myself. And the 2 walks that I walked by myself I prayed for my mom and for the other women, men and families that have been effected by cancer.

We had fabulous weather this week and I can only hope it would continue during our 6 months of training!! Something tells me July and August are going to give me a run for my money!

In other news, my friend Courtney told me about this cool website where you can track walking/running routes in your neighborhood/city. You plug in the mileage you want to walk and you can make up your own routes to get in the number of miles you want to. I have played around on this and it is so great for this training! When we are walking between 5-18 miles it's helpful to not have to get out and drive a million routes to try to make it fit our needs. The website is http://www.walkjogrun.net/ . Whether you are also training for the Komen 3-Day or your on your own personal journey to health, I hope you find this website helpful!

1 comment:

  1. love the website! very helpful as i try to vary up my courses around the hood! plus i had a friend just move to new neighborhood and this has been fun exploring! i am tellig you .. get the nike ipod thingy..it will track your progress and count down your mileage each walk! i love mine!

    ReplyDelete