Thursday, June 25, 2009

Big Daddy...We Need An Air Conditioner!

Let me identify myself. I am Vicki, the mom and this is my first post to the community blog...yay! What you'll need to know when I post: 1) I am not blessed with 'technical' skills of any kind - my children usually add my attachments and Coleen comes to Austin to download my pictures from my camera and update my digital photo frames...sad, but true. I actually purchased PC for Dummies but don't know where I put it! 2) I will post like I talk. Long, multiple thoughts, random thoughts, not always on topic, BUT, I do try to punctuate and insert smiley faces that let you know the feelings behind what I'm writing :)....see how this is going to work!


Since this is my first official post, let me say that I am excited, grateful and
blessed to be a part of this 3-Day team...our God is very good! I am still a little nervous about my own personal training. I do love my tennis, Diet Cokes, Hershey Nuggets and nachos from any Tex-Mex in Texas, and this training is just a little, well, healthy. But I am trying, and actually this week I have been doing all training in order. This is only because I canceled tennis due to Big Daddy, aka Steve, my husband being off work...for 2 weeks. Our temps this week have been in triple digits and walking with the sun beating down makes my head just about split in half! I decided to head out super early in the morning, that works, but 2 problems...1) I have to sneak out because my dogs are so sad that they don't get to go, and sneaking out is very hard at 7 am .....2)Wimbledon....for those that don't know, the world sort of stops for 2 weeks, 4 times a year...like I said, I love my tennis! Walking in the early morning meant missing 1.5 hours of prime time tennis coverage. And then I remembered this neat little set-up in our 3rd garage, it's our mini 24 Hour Fitness, complete with equipment, mirrors, television, weights...it's actually great - not sure why we don't go in there more often! So I decided to do my walking 'indoor' this morning so I could watch Wimbledon. It was awesome! I realized that I could actually walk anytime during the day or night....if Big Daddy would spring for one of those portable air conditioners from Lowes, because it is HOT in there! We have a couple of heavy duty fans in there that have been sufficient in the past, but I just don't think we rushed to work out when it was 105 outside! So what do you say BD...can we get a/c in the gym??? Safety first people, safety first:)
I'll let you know how it works out.


~My Cup Runneth Over and I'm Drinking From My Saucer~

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment