Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Does my backpack make me look fat??

This weekend, mom and I had the privilege of meeting John, a fellow walker in the Austin area. He recently moved here from Dallas and is training for his 3rd 3-Day walk! He has walked the DFW 3-Day since 2007 and was able to give mom and I great training tips, give us a lot of insight as far as what to expect during the walk and it was so nice to meet him and walk with him.

John has put together a website aimed at spreading the word about the 3-Day and the fight against breast cancer. He is really a champion for the cause and I think his website is a wonderful tool to bring awareness about the 3-Day and as a resource for those walking, those thinking about walking, and those supporting walkers. He asked mom and I to do an interview at the end of our walk to answer a few questions and we were glad to help.

Although, after looking at the video I do wish we had been able to do the interview before the walk, have a bit of time for lipstick application, and been able to review our Saturday Night Live skit before the taping....truly, we look like we're on SNL....and does my voice really sound like that in real life??



In all seriousness, thank you to John for doing what you're doing. It is so inspiring to hear other stories of those working to find a cure! To visit John's website go to http://60miles3days.com

"All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up." ~ Norma Desmond, Sunset Boulevard

2 comments:

  1. VERY cool!! I am so proud of you ladies!! You are all remarkable women and I can't wait to hear more about this adventure and future ones to come!! Walk on Ladies...Walk on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep the "not after the walk" in mind for future interviews! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete