Tuesday, April 21, 2009

These Chucks Were Made for Walkin'

Lots of changes around here!

As Tiffany mentioned in the previous post, I have finally relocated back to Texas! With the anticipation of the "big move" I have let a few things slide with the hope of focusing on them at a later date. For one, I have not done much walking. And by "not much" I mean, I have.not.walked. Nothin', zilch, nada...you get the idea. It's not that I hadn't entertained the notion of a crisp walk through Central Park, it's just that crisp turned into freezing very quickly this Winter and I was not on board. Knowing that Texas (and 3-Day training) were in my near future, I felt that in due time I would get all of the walking I could handle. So just like that, came idleness. And with idleness, came one excuse after another, leaving me with the following habits that I now have to break/fix:

1. My training gear. Something tells me that my favorite NYC shoes are not going to get me very far...

My Chuck T's


2. My diet. I am fully aware that I have put on a fat suit and zipped it up in my final weeks of NYC residency. This, unfortunately, will be one of the first things to fix.

My weakness - Magnolia Cupcakes



3. My stamina. Today I rode my Nana's bike back to her house (approximately 1/4 of a mile) and thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest. I am ashamed for so many reasons, age and expected athletic ability being chief among them.

4. I finally have an iPod. I know it seems ridiculous, but after getting my iPhone taken in February I was left with no technological device to keep me company. Melodramatic? Sure. But who wants to know what would race through this mind after 20 miles on the road? With that said, proper "Training Tunes" will be necessary so any suggestions would be wonderful!

And lastly,

5. No excuses. Walking should be a daily practice now that I have settled back into my "comfortable" zone of 90-degree weather. God bless Texas.

1 comment:

  1. I would do just about anything for one of those cupcakes right now!!

    ReplyDelete