Friday, February 5, 2010

Walk 'til you drop!

I can't wait to share all of the details of our 3-Day journey with you all! It was amazing, emotional, exhausting, inspiring, sometimes painful, but totally worth every.single step.

The Dallas 3-Day raised over 7.5 MILLION dollars for breast cancer research and had approximately 3,000 walkers.
I laughed...a lot, I cried when I saw the son walking with the flag for his mother and crying tears as he started his journey in her honor, I "Whooped" when I passed a cheering station and saw 3 girls wearing Aggie Pi Phi shirts, and they flipped out when I told them I was also an Aggie Pi Phi class of '03! I cried when I went to bed Saturday night saying a prayer of utter thanksgiving for my sweet friend Liz who gave of her time, energy and resources to be by my side and show me how much she cares about me. She really won't even know what it felt like to cross the finish line with her by my side. For my other friends who sent me cards and e-mails to tell me how much it meant to them that I was walking. For my friends who came to celebrate "40 down 20 to go" on Saturday night. I can't say I was the life of the party but I can say I was ALIVE! Ha! Thank you. It will NEVER be enough, but thank you.

And Dave...it was so nice for him to support me and tell me how proud he was of me for commiting to the journey, training, and finishing. It was so nice to share the joy at the end of the journey with him. And with all of our friends and family that were there.

I promise to outline the 3-Days in more detail, but for now, I wanted to share my heart. And it's full of gratitude. Click here to see all the pictures I took (the others will come later). And a warning that you will probably see some of them again! :)
The whole crew at opening ceremonies! Coleen, Kristen, mom and me
Kristen getting some love from some of the kids at one of the elementary schools we passed. They were so precious! Signs, noise makers, the whole bit.
Our cheering crew at the last cheer station on Day 1! Don't think for one second the Loj wasn't there! She was just taking this picture....She got her own photo below!
Friends and family at dinner after Day 2
Kristen, dad and mom...Dad cheering us on with only about 5 miles to go on DAY 3!!
WE DID IT!!! Just passed the finish line! (You'll see we wasted NO time getting into the flip flops)
My amazing family...Dave, me, Taylor, dad, mom and Kristen
Love and thanks!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment